We want to help make your journey as easy as possible
The Rare Breeds Centre is situated near Ashford, about fifteen minutes from Junction 10 of the M20 between Hamstreet and Woodchurch village on the B2067.
To assist you we have provided a postcode finder based on latitude and longitude for you to find the best route to reach us using your own postcode. (See above)
When using Sat.Nav please update your systems before entering our postcode TN26 3RJ (otherwise this will take you to the wrong entrance.)
There are a few tourist information signs on the roads leading from Tenterden and from Ashford. However we are not signposted on the M20.
From Junction 9 of the M20
- Follow the signs onto the A28 signposted to Tenterden
- Stay on the road for about six miles
- Take a left at the sign towards the village of Woodchurch .You are on Bethersden Road
- Stay on Bethersden Road and follow it through the village of Woodchurch
- At the T junction turn left.
- Take the next turning left onto the B2067 to Hamstreet
- The Rare Breeds Centre is on the left hand side after about one mile.
From Junction 10 of the M20
- Follow the signs onto the A2070 to Hastings
- Stay on this road and take the turning right signposted to the village of Hamstreet
- Take a left and follow the road past the school which is on your right
- You will see a railway bridge. Pass beneath the bridge and take the next turning right onto the B2067 towards Warehorne and Tenterden
- The Rare Breeds Centre is on the right hand side of the road after about three miles.
By public transport
Unfortunately the Rare Breeds Centre is not well-served by public transport or taxi. The nearest major train station is Ashford International.*
*(There is a station at Hamstreet and trains from Ashford and from Rye stop there. But they are infrequent. Most taxi services operate from Ashford.)